South Jersey Land & Water Trust (SJLWT) works to preserve and protect farmland, open space and critical habitats within several counties in South Jersey. In addition, SJLWT assists land owners and municipalities in the often complicated farmland and open space preservation process.
SJLWT is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to preserve and protect the land and water resources of southern New Jersey – maintaining and enhancing the natural, cultural, and historic heritage of the region. The organization works in five major areas:
- Actively conducting land preservation projects;
- Planning and carrying out habitat protection, remediation, and restoration projects;
- Gathering data on area waterways to increase knowledge of their condition and water quality;
- Providing education to the public and to teachers and schools;
- Serving an advocacy role on land and water protection issues.
Each 3rd Saturday of the month SJLWT will host a nature preserve walk and trail maintenance day at Cramer Hill Preserve. This is a perfect volunteer opportunity for students seeking to help maintain the environment and give back to the community simultaneously. On Saturday, April 18th the event will begin at 10:00 am, students are asked to meet at the parking lot at 36th Street and Farragut Ave. Every month the focal point of the preserve walk and trail maintenance day will change, this month’s theme will be Spring Birds Walk and Trail Day, the event will conclude at 12:00 PM.
Students are advised to wear clothing that is suitable for the outdoors and appropriate for the weather.
***To register for the event please Contact Michael Hogan at email@example.com
Date & Time
April 18, 2020
10:00 am-12:00 pm