The Honors Engagement will be completed in a *fully online* format for the Fall 2020 semester. Additional details will be added to this page as we near the start of our new semester. In the meantime, please join us for a “Ask the Honors College” event (register here) on Wednesday, August 26th at 6pm. During this session, we will explain our expectations for fall engagement and try our best to answer any questions you may have about engagement, your fall courses, and so forth.
The Engagement requirement encourages students to explore new interests and to seek perspective on their choice of major and career, helping to lay the basis for cultural and civic life after college. Every semester Honors College students complete
- one Service Opportunity, as indicated on the Honors College calendar
- one Honors Event, as indicated on the Honors College calendar – please note, completion of additional Honors Events may be used to fulfill Approved Campus Activities
- three Approved Campus Activities*, as indicated on the Honors College calendar and RULinked (use category filter “honors college approved”).
*In place of campus activities, students may claim a Campus Commitment from among the following approved options:
- Honors College Peer Mentor
- Student Athlete (In-Season Sport)
- Executive Board Position (Student Org or Greek Life)
- Resident Advisor
- Admissions Ambassador
- Civic Scholar
- VPVA Peer Educator
- Campus Book-Club Member
- Community Standards Intern
- Student Health Board Member
- Jumpstart Corp member
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters Mentor
Following completion of ALL service and activities, students will submit a Record of Engagement form. Forms may be submitted as soon as engagement is complete, and they are due no later than the final reading day before exams begin.
Students must complete the Engagement requirement every semester to remain in Good Standing in the Honors College.