The Honors Engagement has been revised to virtual formats in accordance with safety measures during the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, please visit our Fall 2021 Updates page.
The Engagement requirement encourages students to explore new interests and to seek perspective on their choice of major and career, helping to lay the basis for cultural and civic life after college. Every semester Honors College students complete
- one Service Opportunity, as indicated on the Honors College calendar
- one Honors Event, as indicated on the Honors College calendar – please note, completion of additional Honors Events may be used to fulfill Approved Campus Activities
- three Approved Campus Activities*, as indicated on the Honors College calendar.
*In place of campus activities, students may claim a Campus Commitment from among the following approved options:
- Honors College Peer Mentor
- Student Athlete (In-Season Sport)
- Executive Board Position (Student Org or Greek Life)
- Resident Advisor
- Admissions Ambassador
- Civic Scholar
- VPVA Peer Educator
- Campus Book-Club Member
- Community Standards Intern
- Student Health Board Member
- Jumpstart Corp member
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters Mentor
Following completion of ALL service and activities, students will submit a Record of Engagement form. Forms may be submitted as soon as engagement is complete or by February 1 for the Fall semester and June 1 for the Spring semester. Below is a link with instructions on how to submit your Engagement Form.
Students must complete the Engagement requirement every semester to remain in Good Standing in the Honors College.