The Engagement requirement encourages students to explore new interests and to seek perspective on their choice of major and career, helping to lay the basis for cultural and civic life after college. Every semester Honors College students complete
- one Service Opportunity, as indicated on the Honors College calendar
- one Honors Event, as indicated on the Honors College calendar – please note, completion of additional Honors Events may be used to fulfill Approved Campus Activities
- three Approved Campus Activities*, as indicated on the Honors College calendar and RULinked (use category filter “honors college approved”).
*In place of campus activities, students may claim a Campus Commitment from among the following approved options:
- Student Athlete (In-Season Sport)
- Executive Board Position (Student Org or Greek Life)
- Resident Advisor (current)
- Admissions Ambassador (active)
- Q-Step (active)
- Civic Scholar (active)
- Honorable Judith H. Wizmur Bankruptcy Pro Bono Project Intern
- M.A.R.C.H. Intern
- KROC Center Office Intern
- Jumpstart Corp member
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters Mentor
- Robin’s Nest Mentor
- Performance organization (choir, theatre production, etc.)
Following completion of ALL service and activities, students will submit a Record of Engagement form. Forms may be submitted as soon as engagement is complete, and they are due no later than the final reading day before exams begin.
Students must complete the Engagement requirement every semester to remain in Good Standing in the Honors College.